2011 : a wish-list.
Greg & Linda Crowhurst Dec 30 2011 (permission to repost)
"Daring ideas are like chessmen moved forward; they may be beaten, but they may start a winning game." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
By the skin of our teeth, we arrive at the end of yet another year of the torture and living hell that is Severe ME. Here is our wish list for 2011 :
- That the truth of XMRV will be uncovered and revealed.
- That the NHS will at last perceive the folly of backing the psychosocial approach
- That medical Consultants will find the honesty and integrity to speak out about the reality of this terrible disease.
- That the newspapers will lose their bias and stop reporting the psychosocial approach , which charades as treatment and the truth of ME.
- That ME will finally be treated separately from CFS and that the biomedical truth of ME will at last be acknowledged and scientifically and medically investigated.
- That the Medical Research Council will stick to its recent announcement , stand-up against the psychiatric bias and back soild biomedical research into ME.
- That the UK Government will address the shocking vested interests underlying the crass psychosocial services that perpetuate harm against people with ME
- That people with Severe ME will no longer be neglected, negated, abused and virtually excluded from medical research.
- That the PACE trial will not have the harmful effect that everyone expects it to have, that it won't be allowed to influence NICE's policy and practice within the UK.
- That Norfolk will finally be the first PCT to provide a biomedical service with integrity, in the whole of the UK.
- That the new Benefit Changes will not do harm to people's quality of life, that the UK Government will actually develop appropriate biomedical policies and procedures.
- That CBT and GET will be confined to the dustbin of history